The CATALYST Consortium is committed to a policy of providing equal opportunities in recruiting and selecting applicants for employment, in advancing its personnel as suitable openings develop, and in any matter effecting their employment with CATALYST. CATALYST provides equal opportunities without regard to age, color, creed, national origin, handicap, veteran status, religion, sex, or sexual orientation.
Commercial Sector Program Officer
||Senior Commercial Advisor
The CATALYST Consortium is a USAID-funded global family planning program. The Consortium is a partnership of five organizations. The objective for its work is to increase the capacity of the public and private sectors to sustain quality FP/RH programs.
Summary: The Commercial Sector Program Officer will provide technical and some administrative support to the CATALYST Sustainability team. This team includes senior advisors and reproductive health officers working in the areas of Pharmaceutical Partnerships, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Employer-Based CSR, South-to-South and Sustainability. The Commercial Sector Program Officer will support efforts to develop partnerships with local and multinational companies to create workplace and community programs in RH/FP. In addition, his/her work will involve working with major contraceptive manufacturers such as Wyeth, Schering and HRA Pharma to disseminate information on OBSI and affordable contraceptives to low and moderate-income women. S/he will coordinate her/his work with other CATALYST Program Officers and the Administrative Assistant. Working in a team environment will be key to the Commercial Sector Program Officer’s success.
Responsibilities: Although it will be necessary for the Commercial Sector Program Officer to remain flexible regarding his/her day-to-day tasks, the main area of the Commercial Sector Program Officer’s work includes:
- Leading the documentation and review process for quarterly reports, performance tracking tools, results review, and management review.
- Working closely with the Sustainability team leader in developing and managing budgets.
- In working on CSR activities, coordinate closely with CSR Senior Advisor/s of the Sustainability team
- Management of small grants for Bangladesh, Guatemala, Peru, and the Dominican Republic.
- Conducting frequent web research on CSR, industry trends as they relate to CSR and contraceptive security for such industries as textile, pharmaceutical, jute, etc., country analyses as they relate to CSR for Bangladesh, Peru, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, and Egypt.
- Backstopping support for Bangladesh, Peru, Guatemala, and Egypt as requested by Sustainability team staff and in coordination with other CATALYST members, including providing formal communication on project activities to other Cooperating Agencies, NGOs, and CATALYST staff.
- Strategic development and testing of the CSR Business Brochure for key markets/regions as a tool for marketing CATALYST technical assistance to the corporate sector.
- Managing Sustainability documents, publications, and files on CSR, Employer-Based CSR, Pharmaceutical Partnerships, South-to-South, and Sustainability.
- Preparing analyses of financial and social marketing progress reports from the field.
- Basic translation from Spanish to English.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with USAID programming including developing work plans and quarterly reports
- Strong analytical skills ability to take IR3 program data and provide a synthesis and an analysis in a timely fashion
- Solid budgeting skills
- Strong writing/reporting skills
- Familiarity with principles of economics, business, international marketing and sustainability issues in international development
- Good understanding of Corporate Social Responsibility principles and activities globally and especially in CATALYST Sustainability countries
- Private (preferably corporate) sector experience
- Experience in the healthcare arena a plus
- Results and deadline-oriented
- BA + 3 years experience; graduate degree in related field (Public Administration, International Relations, Economics or MBA) preferred
- Good conversational and reading Spanish skills
Individuals interested in applying for a position with Pathfinder International should send their resume*, cover letter and salary history to the attention of:
ATTN: Marcy Winzer
9 Galen Street, Suite 217
Watertown, MA 02472
fax: (617) 924-3833
No phone calls please.
- E-mail application with resume attached is preferred.
- Resumes should be in either Microsoft Word Format or (Rich-)Text Format (.txt or .rtf).